Introducing Bellville Transload
- Multi - Commodity Transload Site
- 64 Miles from Houston
- 100 Miles from Austin
- 150 Miles from San Antonio
- BNSF Premier Transload
- 15 Acres of Laydown Space
- 24 / 7 Site Security
- 60 Railcar Facility Capacity
- Lift Capacity Up to 100 Tons
- On Demand Empty Boxcar Reloading
Ready to get started? Contact us today to discuss your logistics needs and learn how we can make your project a success. We look forward to hearing from you!
TLD RAMP in Bellville, TX, has made the process of getting my product from point A to point B as painless as possible with rail transportation. Their staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and made our products more competitive in the market. Highly recommended!
- Frank Cordrey
The Transloading Process
When an organization ships material by rail and either they or the receiver do not have direct access to rail, transloading is often the best solution. Transloading can occur both from railcar to truck or truck to railcar. The process is as follows.
- The product is loaded on the railcar and transported to the transload site. Railcars consist of several types including boxcars, gondolas and flatcars. Hoppers and tanks are used to carry bulk materials. Each car is designed for a specific type of product.
- Once the freight car is received by the host railroad, it is placed at the transload.
- The goods are removed from the freight car. Forklifts, cranes and other lifting apparatuses are used to unload goods from boxcars, gondolas and flatcars. Bulk materials may be unloaded with gravity outlets, pneumatically or by mechanical means.
- In the event a customer needs to store the product, the transload will store it onsite until the customer requests it. Long and short-term storage agreements are available.
- The goods are transloaded to short-haul trucks and delivered to their final destination. The reverse process may also be carried out where the product is transported by truck and loaded on a railcar.
TLD RAMP Contact Form
Send us a message to learn more about our logistics services.
12590 Hwy 36, Bellville, TX, USA